When I see the video below, the only thing that comes to my mind –excuse me– is the following quote from one of the guys watching them fly: “Hoooly shit!” (*).
It also comes to my mind that I urgently need to go to Norway.
The guy with the yellow suit is Espin Fadnes, crazy enough to turn around himself while he’s almost touching the mountainside with his fingers at I don’t know what unwise speed. So I envy him.
(*) Laviiin compae, para que me entendáis.
The Thalys Internet access system:
Whenever you go, let’s say, from Brussels to Paris, and you want to connect your laptop to the tubes this is what happens:
- Your laptop establishes a wireless connection with a computer in your car.
- This computer connects with an antenna in the roof.
- This antenna gets a bidirectional satellite link.
- The satellite connects with a network operation center god knows where.
- The center accesses the Internet for you and send everything the same way back.
Hey wait, but what if you’re in a tunnel? Pas de problème, the Internet connection is kept alive by switching to land relays.
The United Nations has a whole “Secretariat of the Agreement on the Conservation of the Populations of European bats” (EUROBATS):
Also there is an Agreement on the Conservation of Small Cetaceans of the Baltic and North Seas (ASCOBANS), and a Agreement on the Conservation of African-Eurasian Migratory Waterbirds (AEWA).