Dear blog reader, I’m running a bit late with the posts.
This happened a couple of weeks ago, Corrie and I did the due pilgrimage to New York to watch Jon Stewart record The Daily Show. What a guy.
As we almost don’t make it because of the large crowd fighting for his short height and Jewish voice, let me give you a few tips in case you plan to attend the program:
- Tickets are free online but shows are sold out in a few hours, I recommend to visit the website often.
- They overbook all shows to ensure that all seats in the studio are full so, even if you got a ticket and a confirmation, there is no guaranty you’ll get in unless you arrive ahead of time.
- They suggest to be there before 3.30pm and 4.30pm. We arrived at 3.30pm and it was almost too late, my advice is to be there before 3pm.
- The studio is fairly small, once you get in you’ll have a good view from almost every seat.
- If for whatever reason you do the line but don’t get a spot, you’ll get a “VIP” ticket for another show (you don’t need to do the line again).
- Jon Stewart answers some questions before they start recording, so have ready a question for him! Do not try to be a smart ass, be clear and brief.
- It’s a pity, but you cannot take pictures in the studio.
- It is fun.
Otherwise, the perfect excuse to visit New York: