- I moved from the gorgeous Brussels to the splendid Washington DC. I lost the francophone touch, but I gained sun and squirrels.
- I started a new job, which was the dream of my life. It let me work firsthand in the scientific event of the year and get interviewed rather informally by my favorite blogger.
- Last year my sentimental life was a good mess, now it’s in perfect karma.
- Family and friends crossed the ocean to visit the new place, more are on it. I guess swimming.
- We enjoyed three (and a half) Tapas Days™ despite something broke each time someone was coming over. Hotel Zeta lost a star, but still remains open, and the price is the same, free!
- I visited Guatemala and Mexico for the first time; and Boston, Cambridge, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philadelphia and San Diego. I enjoyed a snowstorm and the beach in the same week, 4,000+ km away.
- I met a few new friends and I tried to keep the old ones. I answered almost all my emails. I met Conchita.
- I got again formal training at the University, but I didn’t read as much as I wanted.
- I enjoyed Billy Joel performing Piano Man live. And Achmed, the dead terrorist.
- I ran more, I rode a Segway for the first time. I met my sister in three different countries, we both got new cameras.
- I got two flu shots, and I remained healthy. I drank more wine and less beer; I ate more avocados and less fries.
- I published 42 posts, 547 photos and 571 tweets, an average of 3+ items per day. One of my photos was used by my favorite popularizer of science.
Thank you guys for 2009, can’t wait to keep conspiring with you during 2010!